Let’s face it – cracked heels (fissures) during open sandal season aren’t really the best of sights.
Your feet bear your weight all the time – whether you are standing, walking, or exercising.
All these activities put immense strain on your heels. Now, while heels are designed to bear weight and compress and expand with the movement of your feet, dry skin in this area can make this job difficult.
The skin on your heels can be elastic enough if it is healthy, properly nourished and hydrated. But poor skin care, negligence, weather and certain medical conditions can lead to excessively dry skin, which breaks and leads to cracks.
Cracked heels usually do not cause major discomfort. However, neglecting this condition for too long can result in deep fissures in the skin, which exposes the organs beneath to damage. This is especially true if you are a diabetic and have a slow recovery process.
Therefore, it becomes necessary to have a regular foot care routine in place, so that cracked heels and associated ailments can be kept at bay. Whether you are afflicted by cracked heels or simply want to take better care of your feet, a good foot cream is a must-have.
“The main treatment for cracked heels — provided that the skin is not infected — is the regular use of emollients. Moisturising the skin two to three times a day restores suppleness and will prevent further cracking.”Rod Tucker, The Pharmaceutical Journal article on Heel Fissures
What are the best foot creams for cracked
Here is a list of some of the best foot creams for cracks and fissures that you can use to pamper your feet.
Now let’s look at them in more detail, highlighting the benefits of each one and how they can help you get softer and better looking feet and heels.
Carapex Super Moisturizing Butter Cream
- COMPLETE FOOT CARE: Hydrates skin to treat cracked...
- ALL NATURAL ADVANCED FORMULA: Our natural super...
- CRUELTY FREE & NATURAL INGREDIENTS: A luxurious...
- MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE: If for any reason, you are...
Carapex Super Moisturizing Butter Cream provides exactly what its name suggests – deep hydration and softness.
- Its ingredients, cocoa and shea
buttersare well-known for their moisture-locking and skin nourishing properties.
- In addition, it has a super moisturizing complex that helps hydrate the skin and soften calluses.
- Enriched with Vitamin E which is highly beneficial for the skin, this foot cream does a great job of repairing cracks in the heel pads, exfoliating dead skin and rejuvenating your feet.
- The light, non-greasy formula absorbs into the skin readily.
- While it is an excellent choice to repair damage to your heels, it also works well as a regular foot care product.
Miracle of Aloe Miracle Heel Stick
- Heals rough, cracked, hardened, painful heels...
- Rich in soothing shea and cocoa butters and...
- Blended with our exclusive pure UltraAloe aloe...
- Compact size and convenient no-mess stick...
If you suffer from cracked heels, you know the discomforting feeling of your flaky, dry skin snagging against fabric – on your clothes, the linen or your socks and stockings.
If this very thought induces cringe, then you need the Miracle Heel Stick by Miracle of Aloe.
- With UltraAloe as its active ingredient, the Miracle Heel Stick is a roll-on ointment that soothes cracks and softens the skin on your heels.
- A bunch of healing ingredients like cocoa butter, shea butter, coconut, safflower, tea tree oil and many other essential oils make this an effective choice for anyone seeking quick relief from cracked heels.
- An added plus is the no-mess application that makes the Miracle Heel Stick very travel-friendly.
Curel Foot Therapy Cream
- DRY FOOT CREAM - Significantly improves the look...
- DRY FOOT TREATMENT - Penetrates deeply to...
- FORMULATED WITH SAFE INGREDIENTS - Infused with...
- ABSORBS QUICKLY - Curel Foot Therapy Cream, with...
Some of us neglect our feet to the point that walking around with cracked skin becomes a painful task.
In such instances, your heels need an ointment that can provide quick healing. Enter Curel Foot Therapy Cream!
- The cream is thick but readily absorbed into your skin.
- The ingredients – coconut cream, vitamin E and our
favorite, shea butter – work together to keep your heels smooth, supple and hydrated.
- The results are visible in merely two days. True to its name, Curel offers therapy to your distressed heels. Just dab some on clean heels right after a shower and let your feet rest.
Zim’s Max Foot Creme
A no-frills, intense moisturizing formulation for your feet, Zim’s Max Foot Creme can very well become your go-to product for your skin care regime.
Not only is it highly effective for healing cracked heels, but its deep moisturizing properties mean that it can also be used to soothe extremely dry skin on the rest of your body, on your hands, knees and elbows for instance.
- Contains the goodness of arnica, aloe vera and l-arginine (an amino acid that preserves the elasticity of skin with age)
- Zim’s Max Foot Creme is a travel-friendly, non-greasy and safe option that is also cruelty-free.
Urea 40% Healing Foot Cream
Urea 40% Healing Foot Cream by Amelie Monnier is a result of American medicinal innovation with French beauty industry know-how.
A formulation made with organic and cruelty-free ingredients, this cream is not just beneficial for your cracked heels, but also works wonders on knees, elbows and toenails that become dull and unsightly due to the accumulation of dead skin.
- The FDA-approved cream is loaded with ingredients universally proven to improve skin texture and provide hydration – urea, aloe vera, Moroccan argan oil, castor seed oil, arnica, tea tree oil, coconut oil and others.
- All the ingredients are vegan and organic. You can, therefore, be assured that you are also doing your bit for the environment while taking good care of your feet.
- Use this ointment for healing cracks, exfoliating dead skin and maintaining moisture and suppleness in your skin.
O’Keeffe’s for Healthy Feet Exfoliating Foot Cream
- Hydrating Foot Treatment: O’Keeffe’s for...
- Dry, Cracked Skin Relief: Specially formulated to...
- Fast Acting: Clinically proven to provide softer...
- 2 in 1 Cream: Conveniently exfoliates and...
O’Keeffe’s is a brand known for its range of economical, convenient and highly effective skin care products. The Exfoliating Foot Cream is another offering from this range, and it does an excellent job of delivering the promise.
- O’Keeffe’s for Healthy Feet softens callused skin and visibly reduces cracks with only one use.
- Its moisturizing effect stays active for 48 hours, and in addition to this, it also assists cell turnover. It means that the dead skin cells which accumulate to roughen the skin on your feet and dull its appearance are sloughed off, allowing for new skin to appear, making your feet look young and nourished.
- It is hypoallergenic and suitable for use by diabetics.
Skintegra Rapid Crack Repair Cream
- FAST ACTING HEEL and HAND CREAM promotes rapid...
- PODIATRIST RECOMMENDED urea cream 25% for feet and...
- MULTI-BENEFIT DRY SKIN CREAM combines urea and...
- OMEGA-RICH PLANT OILS in our foot cream for dry,...
If your cracked heels are causing you immense discomfort and need immediate attention, Skintegra Rapid Crack Repair Cream should be your go-to option. Endorsed by dermatologists and podiatrists, the concentrated formula in this cream yields results in just one day.
- This cream, which is composed of Accelerated Fatty Acids, is suitable for use all over the body, replenishing skin in dry, damaged areas with its essential fatty acids-rich ingredients.
- It is phthalate-, steroid- and paraben-free, making it a safe yet highly effective foot cream for cracked heels.
Now that we know the best creams to use, let’s take a look at how to treat cracked heels and skin on your feet.
Foot care should include regular scrubbing, cleaning and moisturizing, ensuring that you do not go overboard with either activity.
The water used to soak feet or showers should not be too hot, as the heat strips away the protective moisture barrier of the skin.
When the affected area is clean, a good moisturizing foot cream should be applied and allowed to penetrate your skin.
This excellent video from Dr Larry Huppin from the Foot and Ankle Centre of Washington reveals how using a silicone sock in addition to applying the creams will help address the sore, cracked and broken skin on your heels.
Following these simple steps can ensure that your heels are soft, your skin is hydrated and your feet are happy and fit for work.