Plantar Fasciitis Home Treatment Ideas
If you are suffering from plantar fasciitis, then I have some good news for you.
Most people are able to improve the strength and flexibility in their feet, heal tears in the plantar fascia ligament, and relieve inflammation and pain, all with the help of plantar fasciitis home treatment methods.
There are many methods that you can try which have worked for many other people.
Plantar Fasciitis Home Treatments.
Ensure that you take the time to give your feet a lot of rest throughout your day. It may not feel like you are doing much, but when you are standing around in the kitchen or doing light housework, you are still putting a lot of pressure on your feet. Take the time to sit down and put your feet up often.
While you rest your feet, you may want to use put an ice pack under your heel to help reduce inflammation. While you can use both heat and cold to help with pain and inflammation, it is not recommended to use only heat as it can make your symptoms worse.
To utilize both cold and hot temperatures, you can use two bins or foot baths and pour cold water into one and hot water into the other. Every minute or so you should move your feet between the two temperatures. However, ensure you end with the cold water foot bath.
Ensuring that you have proper support while you are on your feet is very important as well. Add some arches to your shoes, as this helps to remove strain off the plantar fascia and absorb shock. In addition, have an outdoor and indoor pair of shoes to add support whenever you happen to be on your feet.
Improving The Plantar Fascia Ligament With Stretches.
Stretching is an important part of a plantar fasciitis home treatment routine.
The following exercises should be done with both legs, about three times a day. They will help to strengthen the muscles of the ankle and foot, strengthen support to the arch, and improve the plantar fascia ligament.
1. Muscle Stretch.
- Stand about 3 feet away from the wall and take a step back with one leg and a step forward with the other.
- Your back foot should be kept flat on the floor and it should be slightly turned in.
- Lean in towards the wall as far as you can go and hold for about 30 seconds.
- Return to start position and repeat with other leg.
2. Plantar Fascia Ligament Stretch.
- Sit down and bring one leg up and over the other leg so that your ankle is resting on your knee.
- Use your hand to gently pull your toes away from you.
- You will feel this stretch in the bottom of your foot.
- Repeat with other leg.
3. Soleus Muscle Stretch.
- Stand in the same position as the first exercise, with one leg forward and one leg back.
- This time, though, bend the back knee as if you are going to sit down on the back leg.
- Do not bounce.
- Hold for 30 seconds.
- You will feel this stretch close to your ankle.
- Repeat with other leg.
In the end, by practicing the above plantar fasciitis home treatment ideas, you should start to feel relieve from pain and inflammation. Find the methods that work best for you and stick with them.